Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tuesday Randomness

I can't quite figure out what day of the week I think it is, but I can tell you with all bits of certainty that I am certain it is not Tuesday. I don't know why - yesterday was one of the Mondayest Mondays I have had in several weeks (thank you 3 hour conference calls!), but even in thinking about today it did not feel like a Tuesday. Hrmm. I am sure that is the most insightful bit of nonsense you have read this morning, so thank you for playing along.

I don't have much to write this morning in the form of long, wordy sentences, and epic prose, but I thought I would give you a nice list of updates on the Ligon clan this morning (everyone likes lists, yes? Or is that just me because of my list-crazed mother who instilled this love in me, and, now, who gets excited when I tell her that I put things on my list just so I can have the satisfaction of crossing them off? Phew.). In order of absolutely no importance:


  • I am heading to Orlando today. Luckily, this is a short trip (fly out this morning, be back Thursday morning). No trips to Disney World are planned (which would have made me sad were it not for my last trip to Disney World).
  • Harris has started his fall semester of class. So far he seems to really be enjoying it! He will have to tell you more about it because, currently, my favorite thing he talks about regarding class is piracy. I like to pretend it's Captain Jack rather than Somalians, but whatever.
  • For those of you wondering (and I am sure there are so many), my love affair with oatmeal has come to its timely end. I have moved back into a protein shake era with my breakfasts.
  • Harris' schedule has slightly normalized for the months of September and October, which means we can actually plan things! First up, a visit from the in-laws this very weekend! We also have plans for the Citadel vs. ODU football game later this month, a visit from my sisters for their fall break next month, and a potential visit from my BFF and her hubby also next month! How exciting is all of that?! There is definitely something to be said for normalcy in a schedule, folks.
  • Week 1 Fantasy Football goes to Harris. Damn you, Peyton Manning! (okay okay, I actually really like Peyton Manning, but seriously 50 freaking points! Ridiculous! The damn you only would have held had it been Tom Brady.)
  • Also related to football, Cowboys get it together! You pulled that one out by the skin of your teeth Sunday night. Ugh.
Okay, that's all I have time for this morning. Time to go finish getting ready, and hop a cab to the aeroporte (I like to call the airport the air-o-por-tay, just go with it). Hope everyone has a happy Tuesday (or whatever day you wish to think it is)!

1 comment:

 
site design by designer blogs