Monday, September 16, 2013

Weekend Recap

I know that it won't actually be Fall until next weekend, but man oh man did it feel like Fall this weekend! It was so beautiful outside - I loved having such crisp air for our morning walks with Lucy, and for actually feeling like I needed to wear jeans Saturday. Keep it up, weather, and, while you're at it, feel free to remain in the Fall temperature zone as long as possible. I do love Fall, but no need to go crazy because I do not love Winter.

It was so nice to come home this weekend and know that I got to spend it all with the hubs! You may recall me mentioning that Harris' parents were going to be in town this weekend. Well, unfortunately that did not work out. They have a shih tzu too, and he is getting up there in age and has been having some eye problems, so they ended up needing to stay home with him to give him what sounded like 17 different eye drops a day - poor guy. While we are sad we didn't get to have them up just yet, we are sure we will soon, and still had a really great weekend!

Friday after I got done with the working we had headed over to Chow in Ghent for dinner, which is likely becoming a new favorite of ours - I swear, their pimento cheese is out of this world. We also went to bed extraordinarily early - me because I was tired from not sleeping well in the hotel all week, Harris because his schedule was all out of whack from trying to spend time with me during the daytime hours. We Ligons are regular ole party animals, let me tell you. Saturday, we got up and drove over to Chesapeake to see what we could see, and then headed back here for a music festival at the waterfront. I really liked the band Civil Twilight (and that song I linked to). It was nice to sit/lay on the grass in the sunshine, and listen to some good music. It was also incredibly fun to people watch - there was this one girl hula-hooping up a storm to the music - it was intense! I am so sad I didn't snap a pic of her, but here is a pic of us!

Sunday was a pretty low-key day of prepping our Fantasy Football lineups, prepping pizza, watching football, and eating pizza. However, this did happen on my way back from the grocery store Sunday morning:

I hope everyone has a great Monday and week! I am counting down the days until this weekend (Harris is off four whole days! - and a second weekend in a row - inconceivable!)




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs