Friday, December 12, 2014

Letters to Baby: 31 Weeks

Dear Little Girl,

Oh my little coconut girl, another week down!

The 3D ultrasound last Friday was pretty cool, I have to say. It was amazing to see more of what you spend your time doing. You seem to love your arms and hands, which might account for a lot of the punches I think I feel! You always had one arm curled back towards your head, kind of like how I do when I sleep! And the other hand you kept on your mouth or face, you even propped your chin on it at one point, and rested it on your forehead in the most dramatic fashion possible! I am not allowing myself to think about your features much, but I will say you have some of the chubbiest cheeks already, and I cannot wait to cover them in kisses! Speaking of chubby cheeks, you were measuring in at about the 65th percentile last week (50th is average, so you are slightly above), and weighing in about an estimated 4+ pounds! Grow baby, grow! 

One thing the ultrasound really seemed to do was kick my nesting instinct into overdrive! I barely slept at all that Friday night. Luckily, Mimi and Aunt Moe were still here on Saturday, so Mimi helped talk me off a cliff about all the things I need to get done, helped me do some, helped me make a to-do list, and by 10am, I felt much more prepared and organized to tackle the things I need to tackle!

You are still moving and dancing a lot in my belly, and I cannot tell you enough or how much I cherish every single wiggle! I also love your little hiccups!

My appetite has been a little less this week, but that is to be expected, apparently, as my stomach (my actual stomach, not my belly!) is shrinking and being pushed upwards to make more room for you! Some favorite foods at the moment are salads (specifically from the salad bar at Harris Teeter), sweet tea (which I only drink maybe once a week or so), chickfila, and still sweets! I am still doing my Tracy Anderson, and have been adding in some stair climbing the past couple weeks. Let me tell you, little one, climbing stairs is hard when you are growing another person! It's almost embarrassing how out of breath I get doing it these days!

One new fun development this week has been heartburn! I have never had it before, but I absolutely understand where it gets its name from now! I have decided I am going to have to give up my love of spicy foods for the time being, but that's okay! I have been sneaking out to the kitchen during my middle of the night bathroom breaks to chug some milk, which definitely seems to help!

We love you so much, little one!

Love,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs