Friday, October 10, 2014

Letters to Baby: Week 22

Dear Little Girl,

Another week gone by, and another week closer to seeing your sweet face for the first time!

This week has been mostly uneventful. You have still been having quite the dance party in there (which I love!), and you are still being a bit stubborn about showing off for anyone but me (well, not that anyone but Daddy has tried, but still).

This week I worked on painting a nightstand that will be in your nursery. It's a nightstand that we currently use (it has lots of drawers that hold "office supplies"), but it was just stained a dark brown. Slowly, over the course of the week, I painted the whole thing white. Daddy and I were both pleased with the end result! I have known I wanted to do this for awhile, but all of a sudden on Monday I had to get started! I literally dropped everything I was doing, and went in there and started painting the thing. Duke & Grammy also got your crib ordered! They told us that they really wanted to buy that for you, which we appreciated so much. We love the crib, and I know it will look so great in your sweet nursery.

I also ordered a quilt for your room in fun navy, pale pink, and white prints, as well as some cute closet dividers for your ever-expanding clothes collection. The dividers came in very fast, and I have to say, I think they are adorable! They are also navy, pale pink, and white prints with things like little sailboats, anchors, and whales. It's a little more challenging to find nautical nursery stuff for a little lady, but we are doing pretty well. Plus, we never wanted everything to really match anyway. Just go together.

I have still been feeling pretty good this week. A little tired here and there (usually after I have been going a good bit non-stop), and I haven't felt like working out as much this week. I figure, take it as it comes, and do better tomorrow! Food is still much of the same, although Auntie Erica dared me to stop eating pop tarts for at least three days. Sigh. I'll do it, but I don't want to! I have also been really loving pumpkin these days, particularly the pumpkin noosa yoghurt (you have to spell it that way..it's on the container).

Your big sister Lucy got her teeth cleaned this week and was like a space cadet for the next 24 hours. It was pretty fun, and a little pitiful! You still haven't kicked her yet (or not in a way that she has noticed), but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

All in all, it was certainly a good week. I am feeling you all over the place these days, and know that as you continue to grow, your wiggles will probably be a little more confined, so I am enjoying all the pirouettes and cartwheels while you can still perform them in my belly :)

We love you so much, little one!

Love,
Mommy



2 comments:

  1. You look so good, love! I love that you have your fingers crossed for Baby L to kick lucy haha! Just sounds so funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha it's mostly because Lucy has the funniest reactions to things so I can't wait to see what she does if it happens! And thank you, you're too sweet as always 😘

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs