Friday, July 25, 2014

Letters to Baby: Week 11

Dear Baby,

You are officially the size of a lime this week! This is the first week that I feel really blown away by the size of your fruit comparison. I mean, no disrespect to the blueberry size you were in week 7, but the difference between a blueberry and a lime (in only 4 weeks, nonetheless), blows my mind!

You still seem to prefer sweets and carbs to anything else, and are just not a fan of meat or vegetables. You did give me my second official pregnancy craving this past weekend, which was Taco Bell, of all things! I can count on one hand how many times I have had Taco Bell in the last 8 years probably, and the craving was so intense, I would wake up in the middle of the night thinking about Taco Bell. And it was specifically Taco Bell - Daddy offered to make me homemade tacos, and the thought made me gag a little. I held off for several days on this craving because of the whole meat aversion, but I finally had to give in. We had a little chat beforehand, though, and I told you that if you wanted it this strongly, you better be prepared to keep it down! Thankfully, you listened :)

I am really thankful for all the fresh summer fruits we have been getting the past couple months. At least I feel like I am getting you some colorful nutrients with all the watermelon, canteloupe, blueberries, peaches, strawberries, and so on that I have been eating! I just keep telling myself we will do whatever it takes to get us through the nausea of the first trimester (hopefully it calms down after that!), but the fruit has been so nice.

We have started amassing a little collection of baby goodies, including a couple of fun "gender neutral" outfits from Grammy & Duke! One of those is, of course, a Clemson onesie - you will certainly be ready for your first football season next year! I have the clothes and other goodies sitting out on the guest bed right now, and it makes me very happy every time I walk past.

This weekend, we are going to visit Erica & Michael, and shower baby Ellie (your future BFF) with lots of goodies! I am sure you will have your party hat on :)

I love you so much!
Love,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs