Monday, June 10, 2013

All Quiet on the Ligon Front

Y'all. Last week was bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S. So please forgive us for the lack of post. We rounded out the birthday celebrations last Monday with a birthday dinner with some friends at 80/20 burger bar, which was, in short, pretty amazing. The place uses only local, grass-fed beef, and has some unique takes on classic and original burger creations. All in all, I would deem Harris' birthdaykkah a success! I hope hubby agrees (I think he does!).

Tuesday morning, I had a 7am flight to Dallas, afternoon meetings in Dallas, and then a 7pm flight to Newark. This is the life of a jetsetta (please to rap in the voice of Young Jeezy). I ended up leaving my Kindle on my flight from DFW to EWR, and I have to give a shout out to American Airlines for helping me get it back the next day (via Twitter)! I was in New Jersey Wednesday and Thursday, and then finally came home Thursday evening to a Tropical Storm Warning! Harris worked all last week (and was on full-time Lucy duty!), so when we had the whole weekend off this past weekend, we definitely took advantage of it!

This past weekend was the Norfolk 37th Annual Harborfest. I don't know about you, but I love a good festival - I think summer was made for festivals! Luckily for us, Norfolk is pretty much the mecca for festivals. There always seems to be some sort of festival going on. Harborfest was really pretty cool - there were a lot of booths set up, tours of tall ships (one of which looked exactly like a real pirate ship, in my opinion), yummy food booths, great music, and, most importantly, sunshine! Saturday was a little weird, just because the weather could not figure out what it wanted to do post-"tropical storm" (weakest tropical storm, of my life!). We hunkered down indoors for the first half of the day, and then, finally, finally, finally, the sun appeared from behind the clouds, and stayed out, so we ventured over and got the lay of the land. and drank fresh squeezed lemonade, of course. There was a cornhole tournament, Virginia wine, and popcorn, and peanuts. A James Bond-esque jet pack party in the water. Music, music, and more music. Everything a festival should be, and more! After getting our feet wet on Saturday, yesterday was just glorious! We headed over early, got a couple gyros (mmm Greek food!), and found just a perfect spot of grass for catching a ZZ Ward performance. We basked in the sunshine (I have the cool tan lines to prove it), and really enjoyed our day. All in all, a wonderful weekend! And now, a few pictures for your viewing pleasure:

Pirate Ship!
Is Captain Jack on board?!

Looking down

A ferris wheel!
ZZ Ward on the MainStage

Also, I know I mentioned that Harris would get his main birthday present sometime next month, but we just couldn't wait, so, ta-da:

We are so excited! We are previous Macbook users (like 1st gen). Mine was stolen when I lived in Dallas, and Harris' is just so, so old, so it was definitely time for an upgrade! Plus with the hubby becoming my cute little grad student next month, we knew we definitely needed something that could get him through the long arduous hours of paper writing that are sure to come! Hubs, I am so, so proud of you, but I do not envy you one little bit! Hopefully you will find this present to be handy as you start your new classes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs