Not only are Harris & I newlyweds, but we are also fairly new (first-time) homeowners! I absolutely love owning our own home - the little customizations we were able to make when we purchased our condo, as well as the little details we will continue to add along the way are all things I have really enjoyed. I will give us a little pat on the back here and say that we did an awesome job at move-in. We moved in on December 21st, and even with the holidays, we were still completely unpacked and settled before my younger sisters arrived for a visit on December 26th! However, one area that we have struggled has been getting stuff on the walls. We are trying to be intentional about the stuff we hang up, and are still searching for a lot of "just right" pieces. Being a bit crafty/creative in addition to a (tiny) bit of impatient, means that I am constantly trying to think of/look for things to go up. I have one project in mind now based a lot on our wedding pics that I would like to hang up, I think, in our bedroom. Here is my design scheme:

In the center, I would like to have a big canvas of one of our favorite wedding pics. Surrounding that, starting at twelve o'clock, I am going to make a trio of maps - where we met (OIB, NC), where we got engaged (Flint Hill, VA), and where we got married (Playa Mujeres, Mexico); in a straight line, starting at one o'clock, I am going to do five more of our favorite wedding pics, mod-podged on various painted wooden plagues; along the bottom a long strip of fabric-covered canvas or wood in a fun pattern; going up the other side: a framed copy of our vows, a circular plague, and then either a painted or fabric covered L (is for Ligon!). What do you think?
This will be a few weeks in the making, given a trip to New York this week, and son on, but I will put up some pics of the final project!
No comments:
Post a Comment