What You Need:
- 1 pack chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (I used frozen tenderloins, and then shredded after they were cooked through)
- 16 oz fat free half & half
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup (or more) buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 5 small white potatoes, washed, peeled, and sliced
- 3 carrots, washed peeled, and sliced
- Blue cheese
What You'll Do:
- Spray your crock pot, and place chicken in bottom
- Pour in remaining ingredients, except bleu cheese
- Cook on low for 5 hours, or high for 3 hours
- At this point, if you have opted for frozen chicken breasts, shred your chicken in your crock pot
- Mix in blue cheese (I used about 3/4 of a regular container of blue cheese from the deli section)
- Cook another hour, serve hot!
It's about as easy as it gets, folks. While I am not going to chalk this up to my all-time top crock pot recipes, I will say it sufficiently and satisfactorily did its job - which was to provide yet another version of buffalo chicken "fill in the blank". This brings me to a random, yet related thought - when did buffalo chicken become a craze? I mean, first it was the buffalo chicken dip (albeit delicious, I will admit), and now I see everything from this soup to buffalo chicken macaroni and cheese, buffalo chicken quesadillas, and buffalo chicken hashbrown casserole. Don't even get me started on the variations of buffalo potato chips, or all the other things Doritos is up to these days. I guess when we Americans find something we love, we hold on tight, and don't let go...a good practice for marriage too, not just food.
yeahhhhhhh blog!!!!!
ReplyDelete