Friday, January 9, 2015

Letters to Baby: 35 Weeks

Dear Little Girl,

You will soon learn, little one, that Fridays are generally days that make people pretty happy. It's the end of the work week, and the kick off of the weekend, for most. While I typically don't work on Fridays anyway, I have been looking forward to today all week! It has been a busy one in our house. Daddy has been in Roanoke all week for work meetings and presentations, and I have been scrambling around trying to knock off as many things on my to-do list as possible, including finishing up all the freezer meals I planned to have on hand after you get here. It was a little bit of an undertaking, but I don't think I could have picked a better week to do this - I wasn't cooking dinner for Daddy and me all week, for one, and I know I will be so thrilled those first few weeks to know that I can simply pull a homemade meal out of the freezer to pop in the oven for us! In case you were wondering, I made the following: breakfast burritos, chicken spaghetti, white bean chicken chili, pasta e fagioli soup, skinny spinach lasagna rolls, the pioneer woman's sour cream noodle bake, grilled chicken to do with as we please, chicken pot pie, marinara sauce (actually Daddy made this a few weeks ago - this is his specialty, not Mommy's!), shredded beef enchiladas, and chicken cordon bleu. I also have some frozen veggies on hand to use as side dishes.

Anyway, back to looking forward to Friday. I have also been looking forward to today because Daddy is taking the day off, we are dropping Lucy off at her babysitter's house, and we are taking a little "babymoon" in Virginia Beach for the weekend! We had a getaway planned back in October, but things just got really crazy then, so we postponed and changed things up a little bit. We have a few activities planned, but mostly we will just be relaxing and enjoying some time just the two of us. I can't wait!

Other than my cooking adventures, Lucy and I had a fairly normal week. It was extremely cold all week, which was not a lot of fun for any of us, but I am hoping that maybe Old Man Winter gets it all out of his system before you make your arrival so that you will not have to contend with the freezing temperatures!

This past week, I have really been wanting cold drink things, like smoothies and milkshakes, which, of course, makes absolutely no sense given the aforementioned cold, but I don't make the rules (except when it comes to you - then Daddy and I make the rules)! Or decide the weather for that matter. I have been doing a lot of yoga squats still, and my Tracy Anderson workouts. Lucy and I didn't go on nearly as many walks this week because it was just painful (for both of us, because of the cold!). 

Your nursery is just about done, which is so exciting! Your changing table should be here next week, and, then, a couple weekends from now, Mimi, Aunt Kay, and Aunt Moe are coming up and bringing the bookshelves Granddaddy has built for all of your books. 

As always, little one, you just keep growing stronger every day, and we love you!

Love,
Mommy


1 comment:

  1. Goodness woman!! SO MUCH COOKING! I really need to have a few meals like that on hand just for those nights I run out of time to cook! You look seriously gorgeous--pregnancy totally agrees with you!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs