Friday, January 2, 2015

Letters to Baby: 34 Weeks

Dear Little Girl,

Well, another one bites the dust! Another week, and another year, that is. It's hard to believe that 2014 is now behind us, and we are now in the year in which you will be born! Obviously much of this past year was spent being excited about you, getting ready for your arrival, and enjoying pregnancy, but Daddy and I really had a great year overall, and feel incredibly blessed and thankful for this year.

I am sure 2014 went out with a bang for some folks, but, as you will soon learn, your parents are not the night owls they used to be. Okay, we're not kidding anyone, we have never been night owls. We like to go to bed early and get up early (very early for Daddy and reasonably early for Mommy!). We spent our New Year's Eve un-decorating for Christmas, cooking, and catching a movie at home. We were asleep before 10pm!

Now that the Christmas decorations are down, we are kicking "Operation Get Ready for Baby" into high gear! While our to-do list is significantly smaller than it was several weeks ago, we still have some things to do, and are excited about doing them. I think Daddy's nesting instinct has kicked in because he started pulling furniture out from the walls the other day to vacuum and clean baseboards - something Mommy appreciates greatly as it's not really in my best interest to be moving furniture right now!

My energy level is starting to wane a bit. At least, I am noticing, I need to take more breaks when I am doing stuff. If we are out walking, I usually need to walk a little slower, or slow down for a bit at different intervals. During cleaning sessions, I need to stop for a little bit versus my usual go-go-go mentality to get things done. Still nothing too crazy on the food front, but getting full so fast these days! I have been back on a cereal kick this week, pretty much want sweet tea every single day (but don't give in!), and, of course, have been really wanting things like cantaloupe and watermelon during the single most inopportune time of the year!

I am still doing my Tracy Anderson month 8 video, but less of the legs, and have, instead, been doing a lot of yoga squats, which are fun. I really need to get back in my habit of stair climbing, but I haven't been so good about that lately.

Overall, I am still feeling good, and just enjoying this time! We had our 34-week appointment on New Year's Eve, as well, and the doctor told us that, from here on out, we are just getting ready for your arrival! He felt your head, butt, and legs through Mommy's belly, and it was cool to see how you were positioned. It's amazing that you are pretty much a full-sized newborn at this point (give or take a couple pounds). I am sure space is getting a little cramped, but hang in there and keep growing, okay? We want you to bake as long as you need to!

We love you so much!

Love,
Mommy




1 comment:

  1. YOU LOOK SO GOOD! I can't believe it's almost "go" time! <3

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs