Friday, September 5, 2014

Letters to Baby: Week 17

Dear Baby,

This week we had a doctor's appointment, and got to hear your little heartbeat again! I love hearing you, and knowing that you are hanging out in the belly, getting bigger every week! We also got the date for our next appointment, which is when will have our anatomy scan and find out if you are a little mister or little miss! September 18th is the day of the scan, and then your grandparents and aunts are going to come into town on Friday the 19th, so we can all find out together! Everyone is so excited!

I have had fun starting to plan the gender reveal, and will be excited to share all of those fun details after everyone has their surprise!

I am definitely noticeably pregnant at this point, even to strangers! The lady at the dry cleaners, while not technically a stranger since I see her twice a week, just noticed and asked (or at least worked up the courage to ask, which means I am probably past the stage where people think, "hmm...is she pregnant, or just getting a little more plump?")!

It has been really hot the past week! Like hotter than it has been all summer. I really thought we were going to make it through the summer without it ever really feeling like a southern scorcher. Oh, how wrong I was, little one. My feet turn so red every time I go outside for more than a minute or two. I have done several cold foot soaks this week, as a result! I have also noticed that on days when it is really hot, my rings are tighter. I don't think that is just because of pregnancy, though, and more just because it is so very hot! 

I have been getting up a lot more to pee in the middle of the night. I think it is because I am carrying you so low, and when i lay down, certain positions seem to really press on my bladder. It's weird to even think about that because you are still so relatively small, but I have given up on trying to understand the nuances of how everyone works in there, right now!

Still doing, relatively, good on the food front! I did eat an inordinate amount of peanut butter m&ms this week, which your Daddy was really nice to point out, but I think he was just jealous that he didn't get to eat as many :). No major cravings this week, although I have really been liking turkey (heated!) and cheese subs for lunch and salads. Still not a big fan of raw meat, or certain smelly vegetables, but taking it all in stride!

Oh, little turnip, you are growing so much every week! We love you so much, and are so excited for the weeks to come!

Love,
Mommy


1 comment:

  1. There's definitely a baby in there! The weather has been disgusting. I was like you--I really thought we'd get out of this summer without all this nasty heat with a side of mugginess! Ugh! I can't wait for the gender reveal! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs