Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Half-iversay

Today marks 18 months since our wedding day, 2 years since the day we got engaged, and just over 11 1/2 years since our first date! On March 23, we celebrate our anniversary, and on September 23, our half-iversary. I am nothing if not the queen of made up holidays (birthdaykkah!), so no one should be surprised by this.

Last night, we went to one of our favorite restaurants in Norfolk that we rarely go to, Todd Jurich's. They do a lot of creative dishes (last night Harris had goat curry!), and everything is always amazing! We celebrated our recent news with a little bubbly (Prosecco for Harris, and sparkling water for me!), Harris gave me a beautiful sterling silver fleur de lis necklace that he had made by a local jeweler, and we reflected on the past year and a half, and talked about the excitement we have for our future. It was just a really nice moment in time to remember to celebrate all the good, and be thankful for all that we are fortunate enough to be blessed with.

I am so incredibly lucky to have spent the last 11 years, 6 months, and 2 days with this amazing man. It's incredible that I always think I couldn't possibly love him more, and find that I somehow fall more in love with him with each passing day. It is so important to us, as we prepare to bring new life into our family, to keep our marriage as the cornerstone of our family. Celebrating our relationship with both these big and little moments is something that I hope we continue to do for the rest of our lives.

I love you, Harris. Thank you for being my husband, my best friend, the love of my life, and the father of my children. Thank you for all the moments we have shared thus far, and for all the ones to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs