Friday, August 22, 2014

Letters to Baby: Week 15

Dear Baby,

This has been a busy, busy week! I wonder if all the activity has lulled you to sleep, or if you have been wondering what in the world has been going on. I crammed a week's worth of work into 3 days, as well as finished up last minute details for Erica's shower tomorrow, so that I could go ahead and head down to Mimi & Granddaddy's house yesterday. Busy busy busy!

You are the size of a large navel orange this week, or so they say. You are doing fun things like forming your taste buds, which will be useful when you have your first bite of something like chocolate cake! Apparently, you might also move around if I were to shine a light on my belly. I still haven't felt you move yet, so maybe I should bust out the flashlight and see what happens!

As far as pregnancy goes on my end, it was another good week! The 5 hour drive yesterday was a little harder than it has been in the past - I couldn't get comfortable, had to use the bathroom a lot, yadaya, but, otherwise pretty good! I also had my first bout of indigestion yesterday afternoon / evening! I wasn't entirely sure what was going on, but Mimi did some google research, and we figured it out. I think it might have been the chick fil a I had for lunch. Or maybe the pizza covered in red pepper flakes I had for dinner (clearly, yesterday, as a travel day, was a stellar one for food!). Would you believe that the thing that cured the indigestion was a teaspoon of yellow mustard?! It was disgusting, but did the trick!

I still haven't given in to the bang bang shrimp craving I mentioned last week, but that has way more to do with proximity to a Bonefish than anything else! Breakfast is still a favorite, as are fruit and sweets. Thankfully, pizza has finally made it back into the "approved by baby" food list, and I think I could eat Papa John's pepperoni and pineapple thin crust like three times a week!

We have still got about a month to go before we find out whether you are a little mister or little miss, but are so excited either way! You are so special to us, already, little one. Keep on growing, and anytime you want to give a few flutters, I'm ready!

Love,
Mommy 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs