I knew it was going to, just for sheer busy-ness, but August is flying by! I keep forgetting what day it is (luckily I remembered our doctor's appointment on Tuesday!), and can't believe tomorrow is the 15th! We have had two weeks of visitors, and I am also finalizing plans for the bff's baby shower next weekend, and can't wait to share all those details on here after the fact. But, I am sure you can see why it's all been kind of a blur, though!
It is kind of bittersweet to have time pass so quickly. On the one hand, I am so ready to find out whether our little peanut is a little miss or little mister next month, and I can't wait to buy everything for the nursery, and stock up on all the baby goodies, but I also want to be sure and savor this time. This time when we Ligons are still a family of three (us and the Lucester). I want to be sure and date my husband right now because I know that the first bit with a newborn will make that a little challenging. I want to make sure I savor being pregnant. I am doing my best with all of these things, but it baffles me how quickly it all goes by sometimes. I guess that's really true of life all the time; it just feels especially poignant at this particular moment.
In other news, my dear friend Joey published her very first novel at the end of last month! Joey, I have words in my head about the book (all of them good!) that I keep meaning to send to you, but I usually think about it while out walking Lucy and then get caught up in a million different things when I get home. I will tell you right now that I not only think you are awesome for working so hard to accomplish your dreams, but I think your book is awesome for so many reasons I will share with you one of these days. For now, I hope you will take this tiny paragraph of words to know that I am so, so proud of you, and love you dearly! For everyone else, you should go check out her debut novel Yeah, Maybe!
Okay, it is definitely time for me to get some more work done. Happy Thursday, friends!
Thursday, August 14, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WOW! I feel like I just got passed a note in school!! So unexpected (and totally delightful)! Thank you sweet friend! I'm so glad you enjoyed it, and thank you so much for reading it! As for the baby stuff--it goes by QUICK! Abby could call ANY minute now with baby news and I am ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT! Haha! I can't wait to find out if Baby Ligon is a he or she :-D (Love you!)
ReplyDelete