Friday, May 16, 2014

Spoiler Alert: I'm talking about Frozen and Grey's Anatomy this morning!

I have been meaning to watch Frozen for months. Months, I tell you! Everyone (okay, mostly teenage girls and moms) told me that it was amazing. I just never got around to seeing it. (Note: I did, however, skip any and all Frozen songs they came up on my showtunes stations in order to avoid spoilers!). Well, I finally broke down the other day for one simple reason: the season finale of Once Upon a Time showed Queen Elsa, and I knew I had to watch Frozen before September to further avoid spoilers. So, the other night, since the hubs is in Arkansas, Lucy and I watched it. And I loved it! Of course. I am a tiny bit annoyed that the movie is lacking a real villain (spoiler alert: I mean, Elsa is just misunderstood and Hans (totally saw that coming) is like the weakest Disney villain in the history of Disney.), but I can get past that for the great story and music. Solid movie, Diz, keep it up!

Also, I have been singing all the songs all week. That's a common side effect from what I hear.

Yesterday, Michelle arrived in Norfolk, and laughter almost immediately ensued. We always have such a good time together! We went to dinner at my favorite local Italian place (and stuffed our faces silly), and then came home and laid in bed and watched the weakest season finale of Grey's Anatomy I have ever seen. I get it, Shonda. I appreciate the happy ending for Cristina, I do. But, other than her farewell with Meredith, which really was the perfect way to honor that relationship (and a throwback to the awesome music that was definitive of Grey's in yesteryear. Hey Tegan + Sara, you make me think of freshman year of college!) every other aspect of the finale was weak. And, inevitably, I saw the "plot twist" at the end coming from a mile away. I was much more shocked and intrigued by the whole Alex-Bailey drama that will certainly ensue than that little number. It was too soap-operary. And logically, it seems too far-fetched even for Grey's Anatomy! You're better than that, Shonda! There are so many other things I could say, but won't, because who wants to read a novella about the season finale of Grey's Anatomy?

Clearly my blog this morning is a forum for ranting and raving about fiction, so there's that.

Hope y'all all have a great weekend! Here's a picture of Lucy, you know, just because.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs