What You'll Need:
- 3 - 5 bananas (I use 5, which seems to make the bread extremely moist, but 3 will work if that is all you happen to have on hand!)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Optional mix-ins: chocolate chips, walnut pieces, pecan pieces, 1/4 cup of peanut butter!
What You'll Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 5 x 10 bread loaf pan with Pam.
- Mash bananas (I used the paddle attachment on my Kitchenaid, but you could easily use a potato masher to do this).
- Either by hand, or with your mixer, add melted butter to mashed bananas.
- Add sugar, egg, and vanilla to mashed banana mixture and incorporate well.
- Add baking soda, salt, and flour, and mix well. If you have any optional mix-ins you want to add, go ahead and mix these in now.
- Pour mixture into bread pan.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes, or until bread is golden brown and center is set.
- Remove from oven, cool on wire rack, and slice to serve.
- Enjoy!
Note: You can also sub the bananas for another fruit, like strawberries! I honestly couldn't tell you which I like better, they are both so good! If you use strawberries, I used almost a whole container of fresh strawberries (I had probably eaten like 4 of them beforehand). I did everything the same, except that I mashed the strawberries up by hand before putting everything in my Kitchenaid (strawberries don't really mash like bananas with the paddle attachment :)
![]() |
| Left: Strawberry Bread Right: Banana Bread with Peanut Butter! |
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment