Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy 2014!

It's no secret that the New Year is a time for resolutions and new beginnings. People resolve to lose weight, be happier, find more meaning, whatever. I have been guilty, throughout my life, of making these haphazard resolutions along with the masses as the calendar flipped over each year, but, this year, I have decided to not make an arbitrary list of things that I hope to accomplish before another year passes by. Rather, I am going to focus on just enjoying this beautiful life I get to live, in whatever forms and shapes that takes in 2014. It's really rather refreshing, I'll tell you, and I really am looking forward to just enjoying this year with my husband, family, and friends.

Speaking of all things New Year's-related, Harris and I are not really the party our way into the new year types, so we were in bed long before the hour struck midnight - no ball dropping, kiss at midnight for us. We actually have a New Year's Day tradition that started back in 2008 when we were living in New Mexico. We get up super early, head somewhere to catch the sunrise, and then go out for a New Year's breakfast! It's really special for us, and we enjoy having that time together, really chasing the dawn of a new year together.

This year, we got up about 4:30, got ourselves, and Lucy, bundled up, and made our way to the oceanfront at Virginia Beach. We saw a beautiful sunrise, and spent some time talking about the upcoming year. We then decided to try out a famous-to-Norfolk breakfast place that we had yet to try, and it absolutely did not disappoint! It was a perfect way to kick off 2014!

I put my ear muffs on Lucy. She wouldn't move her head with them on!









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs