Monday, December 23, 2013

From Our Kitchen: Cake Mix Cookies

Yesterday, after our weekly pizza making and football watching, I had a sweet tooth (surprise, surprise!). I didn't really feel like walking the 500 or so steps over to the Mrs. Fields at the mall (read: I didn't feel like putting on real pants), and I didn't think we had any chocolate chips or other suitable cookie mix-ins (read: hubby doesn't really care for sugar cookies), so I was bummed for about 2.5 seconds until I realized that we did have cake mix in the cupboard! Winner! These are about the simplest cookies on the planet, and there are surprisingly super good! They remind me of those super soft cookies you get at the grocery store that have frosting on them (you know what I am talking about, I know you do), only better! They take virtually no time and so few ingredients, so you should definitely make some as soon as you can!

What You'll Need:
Makes about 1.5 dozen cookies


  • 1 box cake mix, any flavor (I used Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Yellow)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 stick of butter, melted
  • 1/2 container of frosting, any flavor (I used Duncan Hines Chocolate)
What You'll Do:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray cookie pan with Pam.
  2. Mix together cake mix, eggs, and butter (either by hand or with a mixer).
  3. Drop rounded spoonfuls of batter-dough onto cookie sheet.
  4. Bake for 10 min, or until bottoms are just golden and tops are still soft.
  5. Cool cookies on wire cookie rack for about 5 or 10 minutes (read: until you simply cannot wait any longer, but the frosting will not slide off in a gooey mess)
  6. Plop a dollop of frosting on each cookie, and then spread across the top.
  7. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs