Anyhow. Last Wednesday morning I flew to DFW for two reasons: 1. Because my mentoring circle meeting was last Thursday, and, you know, I have to fly in on Wednesday for a meeting that starts on Thursday mornings, and 2. To meet my friend Michelle who is moving back to Fort Worth from Columbus, Ohio, and help her find a nanny and a house! Exciting times! Michelle and I landed around the same time Wednesday morning, and got on the road to Fort Worth to meet with the first of two nannies that we interviewed. As this is mostly her story, and not mine, I won't share much, other than, it was so much fun to get to help her with these tasks, and I think it all worked out really well! She found a great nanny and a beautiful house, and, overall, I am pretty sure we kicked ass on the whole relocation thing! Yay us! We celebrated Wednesday evening with a molten chocolate peanut butter cake at Chili's - yum!
![]() |
| She's totes going to kill me for not cropping this photo! |
I got home Friday, and was absolutely exhausted - mostly a combination of never getting enough sleep when traveling, and having to be up at 3am Friday morning (uuuugggghhh). I was pretty much a useless piece of you-know-what on Friday, but, after the hubs went to work, Lucy and I laid around, caught up on Thursday night ABC TV (Thursday night and Sunday night TV is the only TV worth watching, IMO), and went to bed super early, and slept for 11.5 hours - whaaaat!!! Love it.
Saturday, I did Saturday things while the hubs slept, then we took a family walk, and started talking about Christmas - oh my gosh, what, how are we talking about Christmas in the not too distant future? Other than that, Harris had to go to work, and Lucy and I were left at home with the somewhat raininess. Sunday was easy going, and pretty lazy. Harris got up early so we could have our usual football/pizza date, and take an afternoon nap before he had to go to work - ahhh I love Sundays.
Here's to a quick week followed by a visit from the BFF and her hubby this weekend!!!
Here's to a quick week followed by a visit from the BFF and her hubby this weekend!!!
.jpg)
I'm so glad everything worked out in TX for your friend!! What a good friend you are for helping her with all of that. I'm sure it was a relief to her not to go at it all alone. And that's one of the many reasons I love your heart. I'm glad that you and Harris got to spend SOME time together this weekend, even if it was quiet and quick. Love you friend!
ReplyDelete