Spaghetti squash has been something I have been wanting to cook for a good while now, but, until this past week, I could not find it in the store! I was delighted to find on in my local produce section this past weekend, and was eager to try out a recipe. When I cut into the squash, I discovered it reminded me of a pumpkin (perhaps why I could not find it in the store before now?). I was really excited about this, and was so happy with how it turned out! I felt like I had a huge bowl of pasta, but really I had a huge bowl of veggies. Plus, 1/2 cup of spaghetti squash has like 21 calories - amazing! I served our spaghetti squash with leftover marinara sauce from our Sunday pizza making, and also prepared some chicken parmesan to go with it. You could serve it with any sauce really - olive oil with salt, pepper, and parmesan, or a garlic sauce, or really whatever floats your boat! All in all it was delicious! Also, I should note, I was very surprised by how much "spaghetti" one squash yields. It is definitely enough for about 6 servings, if not more.
What You'll Need:
- Spaghetti squash
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Marinara sauce, or sauce of your choosing
What You'll Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut spaghetti squash in half
- Remove seeds
- Place squash open side down on baking sheet, and roast for about 45 minutes
- Remove squash from oven, and allow to cool completely (about 15 minutes)
- Completely shred the insides of the squash with a fork (as soon as you begin to shred a part of it, you will see how totally easy this is)
- Scrape all of the "noodles" into a large bowl
- Lightly drizzle with olive oil, season with salt & pepper
- Serve with sauce of your choosing
- Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment