Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekend Projects: Painting a Bathroom (or two!)

This past weekend was fraught with projects! When I told Harris about my little arts & crafts project (which was started this weekend, too!), he relayed some of his own ideas. His, of course, are much more home-improvement centered than mine, and include things like painting our bathrooms, installing new fixtures, and so on. We decided to get the ball rolling this weekend, and after a trip to Michael's and Benjamin Moore, we were ready to get started!

So, I kind of forgot to take a "before" picture of the bathroom before we started painting, and, in the midst of taking all kinds of pictures of our new home when we moved in, we somehow didn't think it was terribly important to photograph the bathroom. I did, however, find this one photo, which at least showcases our accent wall, which is the color we were trying to compliment.


After much deliberation at the Benjamin Moore, we decided on a really pretty golden yellow. The whole color scheme in both bathrooms now will be focused around blue, yellow, and white.

Harris demonstrating the proper rolling technique

Trying my hand at being a rolling pro - it's a lot harder than it looks!

Yay! Look at me go!

Loving the color so far

We managed to get the full first coat painted on Saturday in the guest bathroom, however, we severely underestimated how much paint we needed, and didn't know that Benjamin Moore is closed on Sundays. So, the guest bathroom is in a bit of disarray for the next few days, at least.  I will be sure to share more pics of the final project. In the meantime, I am having fun picking out some new things for the bathrooms!

I really like this waffle shower curtain from Pottery Barn for the guest bathroom

And these towels (of course monogrammed!) for both bathrooms, from PB as well




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs